Laser Nail Center of Iowa specializes in using laser treatment to cure fungal toenails, and is owned and operated by Dr. Tina Starkweather.
Dr. Tina Starkweather, D.P.M.
Dr. Tina has been a practicing podiatrist in northeast Illinois for over 15 years. She is a proud alumnus of Iowa State University, and earned her Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago, Illinois, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude. She also completed a two year surgical residency in foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Tina is Board Certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery, and an active member of the Council for Nail Disorders. As a leader in the industry, Dr. Tina regularly shares her laser expertise as a consultant and speaker. She returned to her home state to open Laser Nail Center of Iowa. Outside of the office, Dr. Tina enjoys interior design, food, travel, shoes, fitness, golfing, boating, outdoor activities, scuba diving, canine agility, Iowa State University athletics, and digital scrapbooking.
Education & Affiliations
- Doctor of Podiatric Medicine: Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, Chicago, Illinois
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Surgical Training: 2 years of comprehensive training in foot & ankle surgery, Thorek Hospital and Medical Center, Department of Podiatry and Orthopedics, Chicago, Illinois
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Established Private Practice – Over 15 years
- Voted DeKalb County, IL, Best Podiatrist by local newspaper, 2010-2015
- Council for Nail Disorders
- Iowa State University alumnus
- Iowa native
- Carbon Dioxide, Pulse-Dye, Q-Switched Nd: YAG, Genesis Plus Nd: YAG, Titan
- 2011 Physician Focus Group, Cutera Laser Company, San Francisco, CA
- Physician Lector, Cutera
- Midwest Podiatry Conference-Chicago, IL; American Podiatric Medical Association Region IV-Columbus, OH; Physician Meeting-Oak Brook, IL
- Hosted Site Visits for new Cutera laser users
- Lector, Physician Continuing Medical Education Meeting, American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine, Cozumel, Mexico
- Lector, Kish Hospital Community Wellness, DeKalb, IL
- Physician investigation of Cutera Titan Laser for the treatment of plantar fasciitis, one of two principal investigators